Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Song of my Summer

There are songs that transport you back to a certain time.  Taking Back Sunday will always be junior year of high school and Beating Heart Baby throws me back to senior year.  Too Young To Fight It was my anthem of summer of 2007 and  Girl Talk reminds me of junior year of college.  Semi-Charmed Life still brings back insanely vivid memories of my 21st birthday, meeting E for the first time, and our absolutely electric first kiss.

I've been thinking a lot lately about what the song to transport me back to this summer will be and I think I've finally settled on Daft Punk's Get Lucky.



It's been the background for so many events...be it dinner parties, dancing at U Hall, or relaxing at someone's pool.

I will say that Zedd's Clarity (also the soundtrack for a lot of amazing nights) and Blurred Lines (because let's be real here...it's IMPOSSIBLE to escape this song) were close runners up though.

What's your song of the summer?


2 comments:

  1. Definitely agree with these! I would add "Lucky Strike" by Maroon 5 and "Treasure" by Bruno Mars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you meant Summer Girl, kthx.

    ReplyDelete